Date added: 01/03/12 | Permanent | Full Time | Engineering | Newton Abbot | £31,500 – £41,250 pa DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a SQA Engineer to join our clients team covering the Newton Abbot and Plymouth sites. They are an aviation company, part of an international company at the forefront of commercial aviation. This role will be based predominantly ‘on-site’ with a supplier in Devon, but will include regular travel to the Midlands to work at Head Office.
To Pro-actively develop through ‘Supplier Quality Assurance’ activity a stable and robust Supply Chain capable of the consistent delivery of parts and assemblies at the correct quality, on time and at the right cost. To develop, promote and mentor the processes required at both the supplier and internally to underpin a ‘Right First Time’ culture. To take a lead in working with Design and Programme management to ensure seamless NPI. To identify and act upon opportunities for cost reduction / quality improvement with the supplier.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing a SQA strategy that underpins the ‘Right First Time’ culture
• Develop, implement and monitor the processes required to achieve defined targets and to strive for supplier ‘Excellence’
• Define, measure and report key performance metrics to internal and supplier management
• Ensure QA best practices are embedded into new products from development stage through to the end of their life cycle
• Drive continuous quality improvements and cost reductions throughout the supply chain
• Resolution of Quality issues attributed to supplier error
• Continuing assessment of supplier ability achieve company requirements against Quality, Cost and Delivery
• Minimum of 2 years in an SQA Engineering role or similar Supplier/Customer focused role
• Demonstrate improved supplier performance form systematic improvement activity
• Knowledge of AS9100 QMS requirements and regulatory awareness of EASA
• Relevant experience of developing NPI process with suppliers
• Engineering/Manufacturing experience and the ability to understand engineering drawings
• Ability to write and develop procedures and create visual standards
• Ability to train suppliers in the following quality improvement tools/techniques, problem solving skills using 8D and 5-Why, FMEA and Process Control methods (using FAI/PAPP, Control Plans and Process Flows)
• Lean 6 Sigma trained to Green Belt Standard
• Experience in training suppliers to meet Automotive TS16949 requirements
• Skills to include: MSA, SPC, Process Capability and Value Stream Mapping
This role offers a competitive salary and an outstanding package to include: Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Private Medical and various other benefits from the parent company.
SES Recruitment Consultants Ltd
1 Union Street,