Senior Financial Planner
Date added: 09/06/11 | Permanent | Full Time | Other | Torquay | up to £40,000
Exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Senior Financial Planner to join one of the South West’s leading financial planning firms.
This firm is an award-winning fee-based financial planning company. Their emphasis is on comprehensive financial planning, where they put the client’s goals at the heart of the process. Delivering creative solutions across a range of disciplines – comprehensive and bespoke financial planning, investment portfolio management, tax and estate planning, and advice on giving and philanthropy.
This role would be based in the Torquay office, although there would be a requirement to complete your induction in the head office in Bristol, and to spend time regularly in Bristol for ongoing training and development.
* Maintaining a portfolio of clients and providing financial services to those clients.
* Providing advice to clients in terms of financial planning, pensions, investments, estate planning and protection.
* Supporting the branch directors
* Delegating tasks effectively to a small team, to ensure the highest levels of client service are delivered.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years experience in similar role
* Diploma in Financial Planning (Dip PFS)
* Competent Adviser Status (CF30)
* Experience of holistic financial planning, and dealing with high net worth clients
* Excellent knowledge of all areas of financial planning – investment portfolio management, pensions, protection, estate planning etc.
* Ability to lead a small team, manage workflow, and delegate tasks effectively
* Professional appearance and confident manner
* The necessary interpersonal skills to build professional relationships with clients, staff and professional connections
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Good IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
* A team player
* Certified Financial Planner (CFPcm) and/or Chartered Financial Planner
* Knowledge of 1st software
* A competitive salary(up to £40,000) depending on experience and qualifications
* 23 days holiday
* Group Life Assurance scheme (4 times salary)
* Private Medical Insurance for employees, their spouses/partners and any dependent children
* Permanent Health Insurance scheme
* Employer’s Pension Contribution (7% of basic salary)
* Free on-site parking
* Comfortable modern offices
SES Recruitment Consultants Ltd
1 Union Street,