Mechanical Design Engineer
Date added: 23/09/10 | Permanent | Full Time | Engineering | Newton Abbot | £25,000 – £30,000
A UK company specialising in delivering innovation, design and engineering expertise to the Upstream Oil and Gas industry is now looking to recruit a mechanical design engineer to supplement the Engineering department.
Supporting the Senior Engineers, the successful candidate will be responsible for in-house product design and development from concept to finished product and also support requests to the Engineering team for enhancements and modification of existing tooling and machines used in production.
This is the ideal position for a motivated and enthusiastic engineer seeking to work in a continuously developing and challenging environment.
• Responsible for designing robust solutions for the development of products, systems, and machines.
• Responsible from concept through to detail design and fully manufactured products
• Identification of causes of poor design performance
Rapidly scheme and evaluate concepts
• Operate either individually or as part of a team in either a project or ad hoc basis
• Day to Day problem solving
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Qualified to HNC/Degree level in an engineering subject or at least 2-3 years Mechanical Design experience.
• Good working knowledge of SolidWorks essential. You may be asked to demonstrate draughting experience.
Have a strong grounding in mechanical systems and materials.
• Ideally with good working knowledge of one of the following: electrical, pneumatics or hydraulics
• Ability to lead/ work in multi-discipline project teams
Monday – Friday 7.30-4.30
Contact: Keiley or Brian
SES Recruitment Consultants Ltd
1 Union Street,